[Mageia-dev] Mageia 3 final set of isos

Sander Lepik sander.lepik at eesti.ee
Wed Sep 19 10:45:46 CEST 2012

19.09.2012 10:40, Anne Nicolas kirjutas:
> Hi there
>
> So here is the discussion about what isos we should keep or have for
> final release. We had several (many!) proposals on that topics and we
> need to take some decisions.
>
> Here are some prerequisites I can see for what I can read in comments
> and review about Mageia on the web.
>
> - provide a full open source software version
> - provide CD iso(s) so that it can be quick to download (people having
> low band-width or paying depending how much they use it)
> - provide live version(s)
> - decrease isos number. QA is just a hell on the set we had for Mageia 2
> - provide localization as large as possible
> - provide isos including major drivers including proprietary one to
> make it easier to install and configure
>
> Keep in mind that what you want is not necessarily what another one
> want. So let start proposals here and discussion. Please add all
> explanations to your proposal.
>
> Let say we take one week on this so until 26/09 then we will make a
> final proposal
>
> Cheers

My proposal:

dual and DVDs - as they are today.
32-bit LiveCD-s as they are today.
Replace 64-bit LiveCDs with two LiveDVDs (KDE and GNOME versions) which
contain all languages.

I think 32-bit LiveCDs are still needed as they will be used by those
users who don't have computer that can read DVDs and when the CD is in
english it will be really hard for them localize their system after
installing.

--
Sander