[Mageia-dev] need some help to build a linuxsampler.rpm

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Sat Sep 22 21:20:46 CEST 2012

Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> PhilippeDidier skrev 22.9.2012 16:26:
>> Pierre-Malo Deniélou a écrit :
>>> Le 22/09/12 01:45,PhilippeDidier nous adresse ces quelques mots :

>>> the linker flags use the LDFLAGS variable.
>>>
>> Thanks a lot Pierre-Malo !
>>
>> I only modified this
>>
>> %build
>> %configure2_5x
>> %make LDFLAGS="-lpthread"
>>

> Not good. you are overriding default LDFLAGS...
> The proper fix is to add the flag in the Makefile that misses the needed
> linking...
>

>> And it works now !!!!!!
>>
>> But I don't understand why I have to add this for Mageia2 when it is not
>> needed for Mandriva ...
>> Is there something badly configured on my system ?
>> Is it a package problem in glibc-2.14.1-8.mga2 or in glibc-devel ?
>>
>> Does it reveal a Mageia's bug ?
>>

> Nope. It's about under/overlinking, so the package you try to build,
> does not properly specify what it needs to be linked against.
>
> --
>
> Thomas

Thanks to both of you : I understand what happens
and what to modify ...

indeed the configured Makefile contains
LDFLAGS  option --as-needed htat worked for Mandriva !!!

I need now to write a patch for the makefiles...
to fix it in a better way than overriding LDFLAGS

May we now suppress the --as-needed option for LDFLAGS in every makefile ?