[Mageia-dev] RPM groups policy

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 00:01:53 CEST 2012

Le 26/09/12 22:58,Charles A Edwards nous adresse ces quelques mots :
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:42:58 +0300
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
>
>>> Yes, but you will now be creating entries that Are Not
>>> registered categories
>>
>> RPM groups are not related to menu categories in any way.
>

> I know the the rpm group is different.
>
> Are you  saying that No packager will try to create or change
> a menu entry to reflect the new rpm groups?

Exactly.

> Example:
> 'Alien arena' in Games/Shooter instead of Games/Other

The RPM group of Alien arena will change to Games/Shooter, but its
desktop file is not supposed to change.

I understand your point, but there will always be mismatches between the
two categories, since the two purposes are different.

--
Malo