[Mageia-dev] RPM groups policy

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Thu Sep 27 12:07:35 CEST 2012

Le 27/09/12 10:51,Pascal Terjan nous adresse ces quelques mots :
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Pierre-Malo Deniélou
>> For PulseAudio, Sound/Mixer is fine.
>
> I don't agree
> If someone wants to install a mixer, pulesaudio in the list will
> probably confuse him

As I was saying earlier, no group classification is perfect. In the
situation you describe, having pulseaudio in System/Base would be even
more confusing. But if you were to choose between Sound/Editors and
Convertors, Sound/Midi, Sound/Mixers, Sound/Players, Sound/Utilities,
Sound/Visualization, where would you look first?

You know none fits perfectly, I know that as well, even less for
pulseaudio-module-jack or pulseaudio-module-bluetooth.

But before everyting was in Sound: so confusing is maximum. Now it
becomes a bit (but only a bit) easier. That's the point.

>>> Or perhaps PA should just go in System/Base?
>>
>> No. It only drowns it in the crowd of completely unrelated packages.
>
> Do you expect someone to want to manually install pulseaudio after
> removing it, and search it in mixers?

Yes. By the principle of "Where else?" :-)

Cheers,
--
Malo