[Mageia-dev] The shiny new Control Center

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sat Sep 29 21:02:51 CEST 2012

On Saturday 29 September 2012 14:14, Steven Tucker wrote:
> 3/ What should the license be?
>          I would be happy to make it GPL V3, but is there any argument
> for something different ?

If you're using the existing MCC as a base, I think you are stuck with the license MCC (and drakconf) curently uses, which is GPLv2+. Unless of corse the author agree to let you change the license. (The authors seems to be Mandriva, Damian Krotkine and Thierry Vignaud.)
The Plus sign means you can chose a higher version number if you want to. So if you want to change, I suggest GPLv3+. I would. :-)=

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324