[Mageia-dev] The shiny new Control Center

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sun Sep 30 20:49:27 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-09-30 at 20:13 +0200, Angelo Naselli wrote:

> Well to be honest that has been already discussed via irc,
> and it seems to be as you said a good thing, the real
> question is how to call it :)

The usual choices are
1. an acronym few people will remember
   e.g. miascm (multi-interface system control module)

2. a cute name with no relation to function
   e.g. WandWaver

3. a name that suggests purpose, perhaps with an abbreviation for the
commandline
   e.g. Configuration and User Management
   and, er, "conman" as a command (not cum, I think).

I can review the Perl code a little if it helps - my goal with Perl is
always to write something that can be read and changed later, even if
it's less "Perl-like" as a result. E.g. send me a file or two.

Liam

Co-author: 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, July 2012