[Mageia-dev] what's the purpose of this list ?

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Apr 3 10:32:30 CEST 2013

On Wed, 03 Apr 2013, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> Le 03/04/2013 07:59, Oliver Burger a écrit :
>> 2013/4/2 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com
>> <mailto:guillomovitch at gmail.com>>
>>  > Since a few days, I'm getting mail through this list. But given their
>> content, I don't any added value to keep it separated from the main
>> mageia-dev one...
>>
>> It's not a list, it's the contact address for packagers team listed
>> here: https://www.mageia.org/en/contact/
> Let's rephrase my question then: what the point of a public contact address
> for packagers team ? Who is supposed to send what ?

In most cases people should only use the mailing lists.

They probably use it instead of the mailing list because it is easier to
find it on the contact page linked from the menu. And they don't read
the text saying that they should use the mailing list.

So I think those addresses should be removed from the contact page, or
at least the mailing lists should be easier to find.