[Mageia-dev] what's the purpose of this list ?

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 15:29:01 CEST 2013

2013/4/3 nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org>
> If the problem with the mailing list is that people need to subscribe to
> be able to post, maybe we can change this. It will probably increase
> spam a little if we allow anybody to post, but we can try it to see if
> that would be ok.

The problem is, people usually answer to the ml without adding the original
author of that mail in CC. So the author of the mail will never get the
replys, when he is not subscribed to the list.

And really I don't understand the fuss about this, if people don't want to
read those mails, just configure your mailbox to filter them, or ignore
them.
This should be quite easy, as we are talking about ~4 mails/month!