[Mageia-dev] HEADSUP: Full git clone of all package specs (with history)

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Fri Apr 5 08:46:34 CEST 2013

On Saturday 23 March 2013, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 22/03/13 09:32 did gyre and gimble:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to avoid a crazy amount of scripting with svn checkouts and such
> > like, I've set running a git svn clone of the cauldron package
> > subversion tree.
> That said, running git blame takes *ages* even on an SSD drive. It was
> at least a couple minutes to display the results of a blame on a spec file.

Let me remind you of the other suggestion:
 Put each package in a separate git repo, and then use "submodules" to bind
all of them together into the "Mageia" repo..

IMHO, keeping a cross-package fully-connected history (the SVN way) is not
worth it. OTOH, having a commit (in the "Mageia" repo) which means "all
packages are OK now, they can be built" is closer to what a distro would need.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!