[Mageia-dev] Upcoming release freeze: 14 packages needs fixing, by Sunday

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Sat Apr 6 15:29:18 CEST 2013

On Saturday 6. April 2013 06.35, andre999 wrote:
> Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> > http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/dependencies.html
> >
> > According to the link above, there are 14 packages that needs to be fixed, or removed.

> did a little research to hopefully help a bit, on packages still in the list.

Nice! :-)=
Suddenly debugging these last few packages get's easier to do.

> > mcabber
> "libotr.so.2 not found"
> in libotr2-3.2.0-5.2.mga2.i586.html

libotr changed «major» version from 2 to 5 in october last year. (According to the libotr spec file.)
That broke mcabber, it doesn't build. It says it needs libotr 3.1.0 or newer, and we have libotr 4.0.0, so I don't understand why it fails to build.

> > perl-Task-Dist-Zilla
> "perl(Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::CJM) not found"
> according to CPAN, it is a "depreciated module for CJM"
> Maybe see jquelin about this ?

> > qutecom

Fixed by Funda.

> > redmine
> "ruby-ruby-debug not found"
> in mga1 and mga2, tagged only mga1 ; removed from cauldron ?

ruby-ruby-debug is obsoleted by ruby-ruby-debug19, and a comment in spec says that it intentionally doesn't provide the obsoleted package.

A new version of redmine, where the obsoleted dependency was removed, is in svn but doesn't build.
Here is the autobuild log for v2.2.0. v2.2.3 (latest svn version) fails localy with the same error:
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/autobuild/cauldron/x86_64/core/2013-03-26/redmine-2.2.0-1.mga3.src.rpm/build.0.20130326123941.log

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324