[Mageia-dev] M3 beta - where to report problems?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Apr 7 15:25:34 CEST 2013

On 04/04/13 17:12, Frank Griffin wrote:
> On 04/04/2013 10:59 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> Not much progress.  My usual method of editing the kernel line to
>> get a level 3 boot doesn't work - same blank (but lit) screen.
>> Failsafe appears to be doing better - at least I can see
>> messages.  It reaches
>>
>> Reached target Multi-User Reached target Graphical Interface
>>
>> and there it sticks.  Does that give any clue as to what is
>> failing, and what I need to do to rescue the system?
>>
> Boot a rescue disk and mount your root partition.  In
> /etc/systemd/system you should see a symlink like:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   36 Mar 29 11:00 default.target ->
> /lib/systemd/system/runlevel5.target
>
> Just remove this and re-symlink to
> /lib/systemd/system/runlevel3.target and you should get a level 3
> boot.

I finally screwed things up altogether, to the point where it was
easier to start afresh.  Half way through the install it says

"An error occurred:
ERROR: 'script' failed for
dkms-broadcom-wl-5.100.82.112-10.mga3.nonfree.i586"

Hitting OK results in the installation appearing to complete (exactly
as it happened last time).  Last time I updated during the install -
this time I didn't.  For both occasions, the next step is to go to MCC
and install additional sources, then update.  On this second occasion
I was careful to omit all Testing sources - I had included them the
first time.  The update appeared to complete satisfactorily, with the
expected warning to Reboot.  However, the package listing window had
remained on screen throughout the process, and briefly showed again
the list of packages for updating - after a couple of seconds the
package list window showed empty, with Quit available.

On rebooting there was a good deal of disk activity light flickering,
but a completely black screen.

What is the most useful thing, to you, the developers?  If you want me
to troubleshoot you will need to give me fairly precise instructions.
 Similarly, if you want me to file a bug report, please indicate which
version and package it should be against.

If you don't see any value in this, I'll simply re-install M2.

Anne