[Mageia-dev] beta 4 installer notes

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Wed Apr 10 06:58:04 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-10 at 06:38 +0200, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> On 10 April 2013 03:44, Liam R E Quin <liam at holoweb.net> wrote:
> > I tried installing Mageia 3 Beta 4 on an ASUS 64-bit PC,
> > a network install.
> >
> > A couple of problems I noticed:
> >
> > (1) insmoding xen_blkfront failed
> >     /lib/libDrakX/modules.pm line 96
> >
> >     (I was not using a virtual machine, this was an install onto
> >     a physical PC)
>
> already fixed

cool

> > (4) the installer doesn't redraw itself on an expose event,
> >     so if you switch to another virtual console and back,
> >     the installer is then a blank rectangle with rounded
> >     corners, sometimes for quite a long time (minutes)
>
> there's one single process, so expose event are managed once in a while
> in rpm callback

Just pointing it out :)

> > (5) a message,
> >     "script failed for mailman_2.1.15-3.mga3-x86-64:"
> >
> >     (there was a blank line underneath but no more text)
>
> the exact error should be in your /root/drakx/install.log (also included
> in your /root/drakx/report.bug.xz)

it is, but the blank message doesn't seem very polished.

[[
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.J7elL9: line 31: crontab: command not found
/usr/sbin/postconf: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address
support: Address family not supported by protocol
postalias: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support:
Address family not supported by protocol
su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
su: Insufficient credentials to access authentication data
%post(mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
mailman-2.1.15-3.mga3.x86_64
]]

Thanks for replying.

Liam