[Mageia-dev] M3 beta - where to report problems?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 10 14:07:26 CEST 2013

On 04/10/2013 07:31 AM, Anne Wilson wrote:

> "ifup: configuration for eth0 not found" - I had already tried that.

Interesting.  I guess you didn't configure eth0 from the Install
Summary.  You can do it from the chroot (using Colin's suggestion) by
running drakconnect.

> That's what I thought, but still after "exit" I get the "Running in
> chroot" messages :-(

It's odd that a rescue system brought up through a network connection
doesn't have it at runtime.  Maybe try Colin's suggestion from the
rescue system ?

> As usual, lots of detail if you already understand it, but it seems to
> rely on you knowing URLs.  I thought I could simply copy the URL from
> this system, adapting the version if it looked necessary, but if I
> look at Edit on the add-media page of MCC it just says $MIRRORLIST -
> and "echo $MIRRORLIST" doesn't tell me anything at all.

The syntax won't be identical, but you can get an idea of the URL to use
by looking in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg on your root partition to see what's
being used for "core release".

> There's obviously a real problem with the Intel drivers being removed
> by accident during the update.  For everyone's sake, I'd like to try
> to identify the problem, but I feel as though I'm banging my head
> against a brick wall.

There are really two issues here.  One is getting your system to work
again.  The other is finding out what went wrong to begin with.  For the
latter, you should probably open a bug describing exactly what you did
in the initial upgrade, and attaching the files from /root/drakx.  I've
never done a distro upgrade myself, as I install multiple fairly
identical systems, and I keep a set of post-install scripts to bring a
newly-installed system to the same state as a previous one.  So I know
virtually nil about the internals of how an upgrade actually works.

If all else fails (and after you attach the files to the new bug), you
could try re-running the upgrade.  If you can get to package selection,
"Individual Package Selection" may get you what you need, and Summary
will allow you to configure video and network.  But this will overlay
the /root/drakx files.