[Mageia-dev] M3 beta - where to report problems?

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 10 22:56:41 CEST 2013

On 04/10/2013 03:32 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I downloaded the latest beta - and checked the sha1sum before
> installing.  It worked perfectly.  I configured eth0 as dhcp, knowing
> that I'd have to get the wifi drivers later.  I did the update
> immediately after the install - that would be the 3rd April, when I
> started this thread.
>
> I've now got those files from /root/drakx onto a usb stick - should I
> start the bug report now with those files?

Wow.  I was assuming all along that the problem stemmed from a massive
upgrade from some MGA2 system.  If you installed a 3rd April beta, had
it working perfectly, and something uploaded to cauldron in the last
week borked your system, I have no clue.  And the fact that you've done
this repeatedly indicates that it's not just an unstable mirror or some
such.

I wouldn't bother with the bug report for the /root/drakx stuff, since
the install itself worked fine and gave you a working system. It's
whatever came after that in the update that did the deed.

If you have access to wired internet, is it possible for you to redo the
clean install as a network install from a cauldron mirror ?  It doesn't
have to be a full install, as a minimal system (Custom and uncheck all
the heavy stuff, just leave KDE as desktop) should give you an X
environment to test.  It would be interesting to know if a clean install
of current cauldron exhibits the same problems on your hardware.