[Mageia-dev] beta 4 installer notes

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 08:10:25 CEST 2013

On 10 April 2013 10:19, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> > This is due to moving 'filesystem' %post script in basesystem-minimal I think.
>
> Out of completeness, why does this cause problems? Also I see no %post
> script in basesystem-minimal anyway so not sure how it could cause
> problems :D

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/basesystem/current/SPECS/basesystem.spec?view=markup#l71
%posttrans minimal
pwconv 2>/dev/null >/dev/null || :
grpconv 2>/dev/null >/dev/null || :

this means /etc/shadow is created later, once basesystem-minimal
has been installed

> > Could be fixed by making mailman doing this:
> >    Requires(post): basesystem-minimal
>
> That should solve the crontab issue (so a grep for that should also be
> done I guess - although having now done that, it seems only mailman uses
> it :D).
>
> > Colin, could you grep for packages invoking su in their post script so that
> > we can fix them all?
>
> Not many:
>
> openbravo/current/SPECS/openbravo.spec
> bacula/current/SPECS/bacula.spec
> mailman/current/SPECS/mailman.spec
> mercurial-server/current/SPECS/mercurial-server.spec
> cyrus-imapd/current/SPECS/cyrus-imapd.spec

Also another way to fix it would be to kill that %posttrans and to just
run those commands in filesystem's %build
On upgrade, anyway /etc/shadow already exists for a decade

BTW this is what Fedora does (but they do it in setup instead):
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/setup.git/plain/setup.spec