[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: rekonq (request for comments)

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 23:45:05 CET 2013

Donald Stewart <watersnowrock at ...> writes:
> Works well for me, although I'm not sure if it still needs these BR:
>
> BuildRequires: pkgconfig(shared-desktop-ontologies)
> BuildRequires: pkgconfig(QtWebKit)
>
> as they weren't needed after installing ldelibs4-devel, whoever this
> wasn't in a clean build environment so it could be an error.

If you take them out of the spec as BuildRequires, they are still installed,
and they are still used specifically in the build.  As they are used by rekonq,
it is appropriate to have them as BuildRequires.  Right now, it appears that
they are also required by one of the other BuildRequires, so listing them
explicitly is redundant *at this time* but that could change in the future, as
they could be dropped as Requires by those other things in the future.  As
rekonq is looking for and using those two things specifically, it's best to
leave them in the spec as BuildRequires.