[Mageia-dev] nss-ldap missing ?

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Thu Feb 7 09:59:47 CET 2013

Hi...

After my usual ckeck for un-rebuilt packages, I have found this:

bran:~# rpm -qa --nosignature --qf "%{n}-%{v}-%{r}\n" | grep mga1 | sort
libatlas3-sse2-3.8.3-7.mga1
libopencore-amr0-0.1.2-3.mga1
nss_ldap-265-3.mga1

bran:~# rpm -ql nss_ldap
/etc/ldap.conf
/etc/ldap.secret
/lib/libnss_ldap-2.12.1.so
/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2

Is nss_ldap in the non-building package list, or is it deprecated and
there is now another method to use ldap for authentication ?

I could rpm -e it (nobody requires it), but I can not install it again
(it is not in any repo).
So I supposed perhaps I should migrate to pam_ldap, but:

bran:~# urpmi pam_ldap
A requested package cannot be installed:
pam_ldap-186-4.mga3.i586 (due to unsatisfied nss_ldap[>= 217])
Continue installation anyway? (Y/n)
While some packages may have been installed, there were failures.
A requested package cannot be installed:
pam_ldap-186-4.mga3.i586 (due to unsatisfied nss_ldap[>= 217])
Continue installation anyway?

Which is the correct method to use ldap ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...