[Mageia-dev] grub2 package update announcement

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 7 14:37:49 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Jose Jorge at 07/02/13 12:46 did gyre and gimble:
> Le 07/02/2013 00:16, Barry Jackson a écrit :
>> (os-prober may also be disabled while remaining installed if required.)
>> Barry
>
> Thank you Barry for your work on that. One day GRUB2 will be mainstream
> ! ;-)

I suspect not. I suspect the need for grub+grub2 will basically
disappear as hardware all moves to UEFI instead (and our tools are
updated to understand that) and complex file-system aware bootloaders
will cease to offer any benefit. It'll obviously need to be around for a
long time, but I hope it won't be "mainstream" as such.