[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: webmin

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:44:41 CET 2013

David Walser <luigiwalser at ...> writes:
> Actually, it's explicitly disabled in the webmin SPEC:
> %define _enable_debug_packages  %{nil}
> %define debug_package           %{nil}
>
> It shouldn't be doing this.

Well, my build log on Mageia 2 shows it running find-debuginfo.sh as well, it
just doesn't fail there.  It's not clear why.  I ran it manually with bash -x
(after exporting the RPM_BUILD_ROOT variable) and it ends with:
+ read nlinks inum f
+ exit

and the exit status is 1.

In find-debuginfo.sh, it's actually a string of commands being piped to
while read nlinks inum f; do

and I ran that string of commands (find | file | sed | xargs | ) manually,
and once it gets past the sed part of the pipeline, the output is empty.

So read should exit with a non-zero exit status, and the contents of the while
loop shouldn't run.  However, this shouldn't cause the whole script to exit 1.

That while loop does end with done || exit, but that shouldn't get hit.

This gives a zero exit status:
echo -n '' | while read foo; do true; done