[Mageia-dev] Soft regressions

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Sat Feb 16 00:26:40 CET 2013

Hi,
These last years I have found two changes which I don't like.

1- A right click on the background of the desktop opens a popup in which it
was possible to open a konsole. Since mageia 2, it is disabled. Why?

2- In Konsole -> File -> New tab  / New Window / ... it was possible to open a
root session. Now it is necessary to go in  Configure Profiles, create a new
profile, with Command=su - , and set an Appearance Black on Yellow.
Then New Tab allows to open a root session.

The content of konsole/root.profile is

[Appearance]
ColorScheme=BlackOnLightYellow
Font=Monospace,11,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0

[General]
Command=su -
MenuIndex=0
Name=root
Parent=FALLBACK/
RemoteTabTitleFormat=%h : %u
ShowNewAndCloseTabButtons=true

I wish to have not to create this feature each time I install a new Mageia.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org