[Mageia-dev] System doen't boot with LVM

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Wed Feb 20 19:13:26 CET 2013

* Colin Guthrie (mageia at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
> If it does fail then ultimately the problem will be in:
> /usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90lvm/module-setup.sh (or one of the utility
> functions it uses). It should use "udevadm info" to query the system
> about LVM info. You can add debug to the check_lvm function and then
> re-run dracut -f foo.img again to see where it bails out.
>

> If, however, it works fine on your running system then perhaps the
> problem is with the installer lacking some udev rules to properly
> capture all the needed metadata in udev database. This will require a
> bit more fiddling (i.e. running udevadm info in the installer to look at
> the properties it exports about the devices).

I did reproduced the issue.

By changing the end of check() function in
/usr/lib/dracut/modules.d/90lvm/module-setup.sh by this:

[[ $hostonly ]] || [[ $mount_needs ]] && {
    for_each_host_dev_and_slaves_all check_lvm || return 1
}

I got:
# cat ./etc/cmdline.d/90lvm.conf
 rd.lvm.lv=sagittarius/swap
 rd.lvm.lv=sagittarius/root

Iirc I replaced for_each_host_dev_and_slaves by
for_each_host_dev_and_slaves_all.

Honestly I don't understand what it change...

Hope this help.

--

Olivier Thauvin
CNRS  -  LATMOS