[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: stog

Malo pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 19:19:26 CET 2013

Hello,

Please submit stog-0.7.0.
stog is a static website generator written in OCaml. Nothing depends on
it in Mageia.
Since stog is still under heavy development, it's better if we can ship
the latest version. We currently have version 0.5, and the improvements
in the cache system would be welcome for Mageia 3.

Here is the detailed changelog:

0.7.0 [2013-02-13]:
     mod: split (un)install target into (un)install-lib and (un)install-bin,
     add: -I and -package options to stog-ocaml-session,
     add: new scripts mk-stog, mk-stog.byte, mk-stog-ocaml-session to
create custom stog and stog-ocaml-session,
     add: option --stog-ocaml-session to stog, to indicate the program
used to evaluate ocaml code,
     fix META file,
     add: support for authors in the RSS feed. Thanks to Gabriel Scherer,
     mod: use ocamlfind to compile.

0.6.1 [2013-01-17]: Fix version number META file and remove Pcre useless
dependency in Makefile and META.
0.6 [2013-01-16]:

     mod: do not write the config file if it already exists,
     add: <elements> node handles reverse="false" attribute not to
reverse order of elements (which is default, i.e. the more recent first),
     mod: better cache system, using dependencies of each element on
other elements and files; also handles the stog environment used to
compute elements in cache, so that a change in the stog environment will
make all elements recomputed (for example when language changes),
     add: a rule using a file or another element must add a dependency
from the computed element to the element or file it depends on, using
Stog_plug.add_dep,
     add: <include> now handles a depend="false" attribute, to prevent
adding a dependency of the element on the included file,
     add: --depcut option, used when getting cached elements, to use
only one level of dependency between elements; this is useful for
example in case the site has a menubar, leading to having almost all
elements depending on almost all elements.

Thanks,
--
Malo