[Mageia-dev] Gnome mess in Mageia SVN...

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Feb 24 23:10:59 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Sebastian at 24/02/13 20:59 did gyre and gimble:
> I don't think Mageia providing GNOME 3.8 with the new classic mode made
> using extensions, rather than the old fall back mode, would cause loads
> of problems: http://worldofgnome.org/gnome-classic-not-classic-all/

The issue is not to do with the code itself, but generally to do with
how well the rendering stuff works on older hardware without 3D
acceleration capabilities. This requires the use of LLVM Pipe IIRC, but
I've not investigated this.

That said, I'm personally more than happy to discuss the options again,
provided we enter it knowing all the potential problems.