[Mageia-dev] [RPM Groups] RPM group change before Beta 2 (Reposted in new thread)

Pierre-Malo Deniélou pierre-malo.denielou at rhul.ac.uk
Sun Jan 6 17:30:21 CET 2013

Le 06/01/13 16:21,Barry Jackson nous adresse ces quelques mots :
> On 05/01/13 22:48, Pierre-Malo Deniélou wrote:
>

>> Any remarks? Suggestions?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> I have been plodding along updating what I can, but it's slow as many
> need patching to fix build failures.

Yes, thanks a lot!

> Also there are many KDE packages which I have avoided touching, as KDE
> maintainers tend to get upset when packages are interfered with.
> Could some process be adopted where KDE packages may be updated and a
> nominated KDE reviewer be notified to push them and help speed things up
> a bit?

I think for KDE devs, if you just tell them beforehand what you want to
do, then they can just tell you to go ahead. I think they don't like if
you just modify without telling them first, as they seem to use svn to
plan ahead quite regularly, and you better not submit the packages
yourself since the version in svn is usually ahead of cauldron.

They told me for example that I can go ahead and change in svn the
groups of several kde games packages (although I haven't got to do that
yet, but maybe you can have a go if you want).

KDE devs are touchy because they need a lot of planning and sync to be
able to serve us the various RC on the day they are released ;-).

Cheers,
--
Malo