[Mageia-dev] web virtual management solution

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 9 15:38:53 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Juan Luis Baptiste at 09/01/13 14:33 did gyre and gimble:

> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Guillaume Rousse
> <guillomovitch at gmail.com <mailto:guillomovitch at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     version freeze only prevent you to update an existing package, not
>     to introduce a new one.
>

>  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I didn't knew this, thanks !!
>
> For new packages, when would be the deadline ?

I think it's probably the same as release freeze. That's when we all
have to justify pretty much everything. Until that point we can all
break things via provides/requires as much as a new package so I think
this is the correct point to call a cut off for new packages (of course
exceptions can always be made - the main risk with new packages is that
they provide something (in the spec) that is also provided by another
package and thus are pulled in accidentally - if this can be shown to be
very unlikely to cause problems for a given package then it could get an
exception. Obviously we should not encourage this :)