[Mageia-dev] Kernel Panic after latest Mageia-3-Alpha2 s/w update c

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 9 17:34:28 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Maurice Batey at 09/01/13 15:24 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 13:21:06 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>
>> If you are lucky you will have *.old initrds so just edit your grub prompt
>> to use initrd.img.old rather than initrd.img (via text mode in grub)
>
>   Where are such initrd.img.old files found?
>
> (No such files anywhere in its menu.lst.)

They won't be listed in menu.lst. They are just backup files.

They are found in /boot if they exist at all.

Like I say just try booting as normal but edit which initrd to use via
the grub command line.

It has worked for some users. Maybe you're lucky too.