[Mageia-dev] Kernel Panic after latest Mageia-3-Alpha2 s/w update c

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 9 20:35:41 CET 2013

On 01/09/2013 02:26 PM, Dick Gevers wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:13:14 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote about Re:
> [Mageia-dev] Kernel Panic after latest Mageia-3-Alpha2 s/w update c:
>
>> and - in menu.lst - replaced:
>> But although a reboot starts well, after 6 lines the action *hangs* at
>> the 'initrd' line.

If this was a previous kernel installed on this partition, then your
menu.lst should already have a version-specific entry for it.  Try
booting that directly without modifying anything.  Also, bug 8614 for
all this was just fixed.

> If you change menu.lst, you also have to execute /boot/grub/install.sh,
> else it does not have any effect.

I used to think that, but was recently corrected by Barry Jackson, and
found that it wasn't the case, at least for modifying labels and such.
Maybe there's something special about the kernel/initrd specifications, tho.