[Mageia-dev] Kernel Panic after latest Mageia-3-Alpha2 s/w update c

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sat Jan 12 15:15:33 CET 2013

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:43:51 +0000, I wrote:

> Good idea - thank you - will give that a try.
> (Have already d/l the DVD.iso.)

  Damn it,  I've just realised that because I had chosen to d/l the
32-bit .iso (havng read of the futility of running 64-bit on a max 2GB
machine), I presumably cannot do an update of a 64-bit install from a
32-bit .iso.

So, I shall first try the chroot approach, then if that doesn't
succeed d/l the 64-bit .iso and try an update, and only if that fails
do a fresh 32-bit install.

--
/\/\aurice