[Mageia-dev] proftpd - why was mdv package imported over ours nuking our changes???

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 12 15:39:26 CET 2013

Hello,

I see you blindly imported the proftpd package from Mandriva a few days ago.

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages?view=revision&revision=337420

This overwrote the changes I pushed a few weeks back.

http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages?view=revision&revision=331311
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages?view=revision&revision=331662

And you've added a whole bunch of legacy service calls in %post and
%postun. Please use systemctl syntax here.

In addition, you've overwritten several changes we've made in the last
year. e.g. xinetd fixes, ftpuser fixes etc.

Please be careful not to break things and don't blindly import something
on the assumption it's better :(

I think it's is likely quite rare now that importing another distro's
package over the top of a package we've updated several times is a good
idea...

I've reapplied the changes we made now, but I'm guessing a more thorough
review would still be a good idea.

I've got enough of a package backlog to fix up, so please ensure you do
not break things again :(