[Mageia-dev] Mageia 4 question

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 13 14:32:11 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Joseph Wang at 13/01/13 04:54 did gyre and gimble:
> Question:
>
> I have a large number of packages on my machine that are intended for
> Mageia 4 release.  Should I wait until after the Mageia 3 release to
> check them in, or can I check them in now and not submit a build
> request.  Either is fine with me, and the only reason for checking
> them early is so that it doesn't get lost if I have a local machine
> crash.

You should wait until after the packages subversion has been branched
for mga3 as this is the tree used for updates to mga3 throughout it's
life cycle.

This typically happens when we release.

So in short, if it's for mga4, then wait a little longer please :)

Cheers