[Mageia-dev] autoreconf failures.... (build-aux/test-driver not found)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 15 12:19:25 CET 2013

Hi,

This is the second time I've seen this failure now:

+ autoreconf
parallel-tests: error: required file 'build-aux/test-driver' not found
parallel-tests:   'automake --add-missing' can install 'test-driver'
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

This was with systemd
(http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20130115103253.colin.valstar.9981/log/systemd-195-8.mga3/build.0.20130115103305.log),
but I also saw it with network manager yesterday.

I found it was easily fixed by changing "autoreconf" to "autoreconf
--force --install --verbose" (the --verbose isn't needed but likely
useful for the log in the event of a failure)

HTHs if you have similar issues.