[Mageia-dev] Features

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 15 13:46:20 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Mustafaa Al-Hamdaani at 15/01/13 12:35 did gyre and
gimble:
> Hi,
> Are features still accepted for Mageia 3?

It's too late for major features.

> I have these three:
> 1) Enable vertical two finger scrolling by default, simple but important.

This is possible but has to be configured. By default we enable
side-swipe scrolling. Unlike on Macs where two finger scrolling is
default, a lot of PC laptops (mine included) have graphics on their
touchpad indicating the sides can be used for scrolling. Enabling two
finger by default would confuse users where side scrolling has both
graphics and used to work in the past.

> 2) Desktop greeter (like kaptan of pardus or its fork for Chakra, kapudan):
> http://www.chakra-linux.org/wiki/index.php/Kapudan

This would be up to the KDE team to decide, but I suspect it's too late.

> 3) catalyst-legacy for AMD cards 4xxx and before.

Not sure about this one.