[Mageia-dev] Help needed: rpmlint checks not working

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 15 19:15:14 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 15/01/13 18:00 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
>>> This should now be fixed.
>>>
>>> http://svnweb.mageia.org/adm/puppet/modules/buildsystem/templates/youri/submit-upload.conf?r1=2963&r2=2967
>>
>> Isn't that commit showing we didn't rejected some packages which
>> should have been due to missing rules?
>
> Yes, we didn't reject some packages which should have been. Until this
> commit :
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/adm/puppet/modules/buildsystem/templates/youri/submit-upload.conf?r1=2928&r2=2963
>
> But after this one we were rejecting too much on Mageia 2. Now it should
> be ok on Cauldron and Mageia 2.

For packages affected by the rules I added, I use the following commands
to get the affected packages (now mercifully small!):

urpmf "^(/var)?/(run|lock)/" | sort -u >run-lock.txt
urpmf "^/etc/udev/rules.d/" | sort -u >udev.txt
urpmf "^/etc/tmpfiles.d/" | sort -u >tmpfiles.txt
urpmf "^/etc/systemd/system/" | sort -u >units.txt

The first two show 21 (ignoring xen) and 19 respectively.

The last two commands both show no affected packages \o/

So not too much to fix up :)