[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release xen-4.2.1-2.mga3

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 16 10:53:19 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 15/01/13 18:24 did gyre and gimble:
> On 13 January 2013 00:58, alien <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> wrote:
>> alien <alien> 4.2.1-2.mga3:
>> + Revision: 361563
>> - Fix udev migration
>> - fix /run being tmpfs
>
> Just for the fun, I rebooted with kernel-server, see virt-manager failed,
> systemctl says service succeeded but exited and indeed:
>
> # /usr/sbin/xend start
> xc: error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2
> = No such file or directory): Internal error
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 36, in <module>
>     from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py",
> line 26, in <module>
>     import relocate
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/server/relocate.py",
> line 28, in <module>
>     from xen.xend import XendDomain
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py",
> line 36, in <module>
>     from xen.xend import XendOptions, XendCheckpoint, XendDomainInfo
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/XendCheckpoint.py",
> line 20, in <module>
>     from xen.xend import balloon, sxp, image
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line
> 46, in <module>
>     xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.xc()
> xen.lowlevel.xc.Error: (1, 'Internal error', 'xc_interface_open
> failed: No such file or directory')

Cool, so I had this still on my list to check. Seems the "fix" (which
was just ghosting the files) wasn't correct and as I mentioned in a
previous mail about tmpfiles stuff, it would be wise to check the Xen
package to see what was done about adding tmpfiles support.

AL13n reckoned that fedora just ghosted the files, but on closer
inspection they do also add tmpfiles support...

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/xen.git/tree/tmpfiles.d.xen.conf

I'll fix it up.