[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: ibus, ibus-anthy

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Jan 16 15:53:42 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Sander Lepik at 16/01/13 14:02 did gyre and gimble:
> 16.01.2013 15:31, Funda Wang kirjutas:
>> ping?

>> From:  "Funda Wang"<fundawang at fundawang.name>;
>> Date:  Wed, Jan 16, 2013 08:23 AM
>> To:  "mageia-dev"<mageia-dev at mageia.org>;
>>
>> Subject:  [Mageia-dev] Freeze push: ibus, ibus-anthy
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> Could ibus and ibus-anthy be pushed into core/release? We target at 1.5.x for mga3, and we now have 1.4.9x beta versions.
>>
>> PS, you must remove corresponding packages from core/updates_testing before pushing them.
>>
>> Thanks.
> Should we think about some better system how to deal with freeze
> pushing? A lot of pinging but some requests get no response. And then
> people with proper privileges deal with some of the requests but not
> with all. Soon we have 3x ping and still no reply when some packages get
> submitted with first request.
>
> Wiki page to list requests? So submitters can have a better overview?

Perhaps a some kind of system whereby mgarepo submit will actually allow
you to enter a "reason" if freeze is involved and some kind of web UI to
list outstanding requests and/or authorise them if you are an admin? Or
even some cmdline "mgarepo freezereqs" to list and "mgarepo freezepush $id"?

Could be a Feature for the mga4 cycle perhaps?