[Mageia-dev] Feedback on Mageia 3 beta1

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Thu Jan 17 10:01:29 CET 2013

Hi Davy

> - Default GTK+ configuration seems to be "non standard" (gtk-theme-name
> is set to oxygen-gtk and gtk-icon-theme-name is set to oxygen-gtk both
> in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc/ and /etc/gtk-3.0/settings.ini instead of
> respectively "Adwaita" and "gnome") causing some glitches (for example,
> when you change the volume with mutimedia keys, the OSD sound volume
> background image is missing and replaced by an ugly gray) ;

This (the use of oxygen-gtk) is 'on purpose', to have a consistent look
and feel across DE, and across toolkits.
Now, there might indeed exist rendering bugs with oxygen-gtk + gnome.
They deserve a bug report (so that I can fix them, on the 'upstream'
oxygen-gtk side. Either at https://bugs.mageia.org/, or (even better) at
bugs.kde.org. Product being oxygen, and component gtk2-engine or
gtk3-engine, depending on which is the underlying toolkit. Screenshots
also appreciated.

Cheers,

Hugo