[Mageia-dev] Feedback on Mageia 3 beta1

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Fri Jan 18 02:23:47 CET 2013

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2013 02:00:11, Davy Defaud a écrit :
> So did the swith from LiLo to GRUB...
> The old GRUB version you still prefer is now called GRUB legacy, I guess
> you understand what that means: no further developement, a dead end !
> GRUB2 is the way to go despite its far more complicated configuration,
> it has really nice modern features. And the decision to use it as the
> default bootloader for Mageia 3 was taken several months ago :
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/FeatureMageia3_Review
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Feature:Grub2AsDefault

Another interest is Ubuntu which already use Grub2.
I had to add a Mandriva or Mageia (I don't remember) on a PC with Ubuntu.
It was not easy to make them work with a double boot.
Uniformity of the boot loader is necessary.
It will be easier to help people migrating from Ubuntu to Mageia.

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org