[Mageia-dev] Questions on dualbooting/grub/bootloader-utils

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 01:18:07 CET 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:36:07 -0500, Barry Jackson <zen25000 at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 18/01/13 21:34, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>>
>> When I select the second drive, as far as grub is concerned, it is
>> hd0, while as far as the kernel is concerned, it's sdb.
>>
>> Regards, Dave Hodgins
>>
> Try swapping your SATA data cables over.
> The sda / sdb thing is determined by the detection order i.e. SATA
> channel IIANM.

I should have added, that I'm doing this intentionally.  I currently
have grub2 on sda, while qa testing the Mageia 3 beta 2 iso images,
with grub legacy on sdb for my Mageia 2 installation, just in case
there are problems with Mageia 3 or grub2 detecting or booting my
Mageia 2 installation.

Regards, Dave Hodgins