[Mageia-dev] Minimal mageia install

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jan 19 14:57:40 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and EatDirt at 18/01/13 17:26 did gyre and gimble:
> On 18/01/13 18:19, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>
>> I don't know who did that great job, but I'd like to congratulate this
>> community, as with the beta of Mageia 3 I'm now able to install a very
>> minimal distro for a firewall with 340 packages "only" without doing any
>> urpme in my postinstall script !! Very happy about that, please keep up
>> the good work !
>
> YEAA! Mageia got the systemd-Colin Machine that seriously rocks!!!!!

Actually I think it was me who *caused* a lot of the required pkgs
issues with dracut. I did mean to strip it out after mga2 release but
totally forgot. Someone else actually removed some of those not strictly
needed deps which likely helped a lot in with this issue.