[Mageia-dev] libmtp 1.1.3 or greater for kio-mtp (on Mageia 2)

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 17:18:55 CET 2013

I want to get kio-mtp going so I can transfer files to my mobile over
USB. However, it needs lib-mtp 1.1.3 or later and we only have 1.1.2

If I look at uninstalled 1.1.2 to install libmtp from source, I have to
uninstall vlc which I really don't want to bork because I use it a lot.

Could I install a Cauldron rpm on M2? Would that work? Is there any
chance of 1.1.3 for M2? If I uninstall 1.1.2 and install 1.1.5 from
source, is vlc likely to work if it's reinstalled?

Even better, how about kio-mtp in M2's repositories! ;~)

As an aside, I find it contradictory that we don't have an LTS so have
to completely reinstall every eighteen months, yet we are often quite
behind on latest releases/bleeding edge stuff like this.

Thanks. :~)