[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: telepathy-gabble (security update)

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 02:20:07 CET 2013

This updates to 0.17.3, which fixes CVE-2013-1769:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2013-March/006378.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2013-March/006379.html

I've confirmed that it builds fine in Cauldron.

*** Also a question about this... ***

I updated telepathy-gabble to 0.17.2 from 0.16.4 right before the freeze.  I didn't realize at the time that 0.17.x is the development branch for the eventually 0.18.x stable series.  Should we stick with this branch, or revert to 0.16.5, which also fixes this security bug?
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2013-March/006377.html

I can confirm that it also builds fine in Cauldron.

The apparent advantages of the 0.17.x branch, from the 0.17.0 announcement:
• Implement WLM jidlookup. This makes possible to add MSN contacts using XMPP.
• Fix google caps parsing.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/telepathy/2012-August/006225.html