[Mageia-dev] Problem with console keymaps

JA Magallón jamagallon at ono.com
Tue Mar 12 16:33:22 CET 2013

Hi...

I finally have discovered why my kbd never worked as it should in console:

werewolf:~# loadkeys -v -u es | grep Loading

It picks the keyboard layout from the OLCP !
If I delete/move the /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/olpc directory, everything
works ok. But it should not be necessary.

It also works if I do:
werewolf:~# loadkeys -v -u qwerty/es | grep Loading

Solution ? What should I change in my  /etc/sysconfig/keyboard:

werewolf:/etc/sysconfig# cat keyboard
XkbModel=pc105
XkbLayout=es
KEYBOARD=es
XkbOptions=compose:rwin
KEYTABLE=es-latin1

What could break with, for example, KEYBOARD=qwerty/es ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()ono!com>        \               Winter is coming...