[Mageia-dev] urpmi always use rsync

David Walser luigiwalser at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 15:01:38 CET 2013

zezinho <lists.jjorge at ...> writes:
> in my two cauldron systems, urpmi is now always using rsync, even if
> another downloader is setup in urpmi.cfg or asked in CLI.
>
> I am using default mirrorlist created by edit-urpm-sources.pl.

Indeed it does, and even worse, if your network requires a proxy, this totally
does not work.  Even if you have a proxy configured through drakconf, it still
won't use it for rsync.  This technically is correct, as that proxy setting is
supposed to be just for http/https/ftp, and globally setting the RSYNC_PROXY
variable along with those may be undesirable and cause problems with using rsync
across your local network.  Still, it'd be nice if this could be handled better
somehow.  I'm just not sure what the right solution is.