[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [7542] - fix loading modules with "-" in their names (mga#9242)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Mar 15 10:55:34 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and AL13N at 15/03/13 06:50 did gyre and gimble:

>>> ah, ok, is there a reason for this (to have separate a change and then a
>>> version bump)?
>>
>> in order to have smaller easier to review commits.
>> You really do not want to come on big old commits when trying to understand
>> a problem.

>>> yes, i tried with several. and since the xen-netfront modules aren't
>>> autodetected for some reason (i'm trying to look into it)
>>
>> b/c it has no pci/usb alias, only the following (which we do not look for)
>> alias:          xennet
>> alias:          xen:vif
>>
>> well, we don't know how to detect that.
>
> supposedly udev should give events to load that...
>
> but perhaps stage1 doesn't use udev?
>
> would you think it would be ok, to manually add such workaround code in
> stage1?

For mga4 I hope I have the time to look into rebasing stage1 on
dracut... not sure it is the right thing overall, but it would be nice
to cut down on different things used in different places (assuming it
doesn't cause any problems!).

But, meh, we'll see how the time goes!!