[Mageia-dev] bogus packages that provides fonts-ttf-dejavu

Barry Jackson zen25000 at zen.co.uk
Sat Mar 16 17:50:06 CET 2013

On 16/03/13 16:24, zezinho wrote:
> Em 12-03-2013 22:33, Thierry Vignaud escreveu:
>> I suspect some other fonts-ttf-* are also duplicated...
>> Eg for Liberation fonts:
>> cube-escape
>> flare-data
>> flightgear-data
>> freecol
>> ganttproject
>> gcstar
>> zygrib
>>

> I checked flightgear-data, and the file size is different. It seems they
> have modified the font to their needs. So some of this duplicates may be
> needed...

I suspect that the font has been rebuilt with a restricted range of
characters or styles.
AFAICT with the few that I have updated so far, this does not affect
operation, as the required glyphs are available in the full packaged
version of the font.
In one case the embedded ttf was around 75k where the full ttf was
several hundred k, but the game did not complain.