[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 20 16:25:09 CET 2013

@tv

> You could try:
> - rebuilding drakx-installer-stage1 with reverting this commit,
> - rebuilding drakx-installer-images with new drakx-installer-stage1
> - then boot the new boot.iso or vmlinuz+all.rdz
Could you please elaborate on the first and part of the second step ?
There is a drakx-installer-images SRPM and I guess that it builds like
any other, but there is no drakx-installer-stage1 SRPM.  I downloaded
and unpacked the images SRPM, but the source tarball only contains a
reference (in make_boot_img) to drakx-installer-binaries, which *does*
have a SRPM, and which contains the mdk-stage1 directory with the stage
1 sources files.

Am I correct in assuming that you meant:

1) Download the drakx-installer-binaries SRPM
2) rpm -ivh it
3) svn checkout the mdk-stage1 directory
4) revert the 7542 commit there
5) replace the mdk-stage1 directory in the binaries SRPM source tarball
with the checked-out one
6) build drakx-installer-binaries
7) download and build drakx-installer-images

?  Is there a more direct way to bridge svn to the rpm building process ?

Thanks.