[Mageia-dev] USB Keyboard disabled in current stage1

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Wed Mar 20 21:39:49 CET 2013

Op woensdag 20 maart 2013 21:28:51 schreef Thierry Vignaud:

> >> not really, it just means that in the kernel - are mapped to _; modprobe
> >> tools handle both cases, just modinfo reports the filename which can
> >> include '-', but it can still handle both.
> >>
> >> lspci and most tools just report it as it's really named (depending on
> >> filename). modules.dep and modules.descr, etc... has the name as it is as
> >> well, meaning there can be '-' in the name.
> >>
> >> i just see this workaround being effective to handle lstdetect, which
> >> somehow forces all of it being lowercase...
> >>
> >> i don't know how much of lstdetect is hardcoded and how much of it is
> >> generated, but imho the cleanest way would be to fix lstdetect, so that
> >> it
> >> gives the proper module names...
> >>
> >> i've been looking at a way to fix the module list window for choosing,
> >> but
> >> the problem isn't as simple as i thought, since insmod looks at
> >> filenames... which is another workaround.
> >>
> >> @thierry: i donno what you think of it, but imo:
> >> A) fixing lstdetect would be the cleanest way (maybe not the simplest)
> >> B) perhaps in the comparing i can workaround this, but the compare code
> >> will not be as simple as it should...
> >
> > forgot to mention option C:
> >
> > C) using kmod in stage1
> >
> > but option C might not be as easy and will increase the stage1 size; and
> > raises the question if stage2 is actually still needed then...?
>
> As already said, stage1 uses ldetect which use libkmod, thus we already
> are linked to it.
> mdv switched to kmod.
> You can look at it.
> But show me the patch before commiting it.
> In the meantime please upload a stage1 with your change revertd

yeah, this might be over my head as a beginner in this kind of code...

I was hoping a simple workaround would do for now, since we're already this
late...

but i guess since we're linking into libkmod anyway, it might as well be done.

i'm not confident, but i'll give it a try.

PS: i commited the revert.