[Mageia-dev] Fw: Wifi

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 23 17:27:50 CET 2013

On 03/23/2013 07:04 AM, Juergen Harms wrote:
> On 03/23/2013 03:48 AM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
>> I've already responded to the op, basically stating that more info is
>> needed, and suggesting Jason consider joining the qa team, so we have
>> more hardware available for testing.
>
> Here is a list of people who have participated in ML discussions or
> Bugzilla reports on this issue. They practically all have indicated
> willingness to participate in testing
>
> Reports on interface problem        bugzilla #, ML
> ----------------------------
>
> BCM4311        thomas at btspuhler.com      6111
>
> BCM4312        egc at writeme.com          7828
>
> BCM4313        tipaul2003 at hotmail.com      7828
> BCM4313        thinksteve at arcor.de      6220
>
> BCM4353        sander.lepik at eesti.ee      7828
>
> BCM43224    paul.blackburn at gmail.com  7827
>
> BCM43228    juergen.harms at unige.ch      7828    Dell Latitude E6530
>
>         thomas at btspuhler.com      7828  Dell Inspiron  E1405
>

> Reports on working interface
>
> BCM4318        imnotpc at Rock3d.net      ML

OK, forcing a wl default for testing on everyone to see what breaks is
all well and good, but we're coming up on release, so isn't it time to
put the driver selection back to using ldetect and correct the list for
the results shown above ?

And you can add me to the list with a BCM4313
0x5348/0x18215/0x5348/0x1296 that works fine with wl through NM.