[Mageia-dev] Packagers meeting tonight (26/03/3013, 20h UTC)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 26 18:20:27 CET 2013

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 26/03/13 14:21 did gyre and gimble:
>> > Can we also discuss what to do about
>> > http://check.mageia.org/cauldron/dependencies.html ?
>> > Should a thread be started for each to decide what to do about it? Bugs open?
>> >
>> > Any of those packages that doesn't get fixed will be dropped (as it
>> > can not be installed anyway)
> Note, mumble can be build without Ice support (I've submitted a build
> but for some reason I can't get the build deps right locally to test
> this.... seems I cannot install lib64db4.8-devel without it pulling in a
> whole bunch of i586 stuff - likely something to fix in that package too!)

Yay, it builds, but I made it worse :D

Due to the changed build options, mumble-server-web is no longer
generated as a package. This will be removed magically after a while and
the dep problem will disappear, but what should we do about installs?

Should we Obsolete the package in the mumble-server package if that
build option is set? It's not technically obsolete tho'. I guess users
will get rpm conflicts and will be asked to remove the old
mumble-server-web if they upgade mumble-server so perhaps this is all
fine as it is?

WDYT?