[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: audacity

PhilippeDidier philippedidier at laposte.net
Wed Mar 27 19:25:04 CET 2013

Damien Lallement a écrit :
> Please submit audacity 2.0.3 (2.0.2 for now).
> It's a bug fix release and now it uses SoX Resampler library has
> replaced libresample, offering both higher quality and greater speed.
>
> http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.0.3#Bug_fixes
>
> Thanks!

Unfortunately neither Audacity 2.0.2 nor 2.0.3 compile with the latest
ffmpeg provided by Mageia3 :
# bug 9043
Now Audacity as provided in Mageia3 can't import anymore wma, aac or
mp4, and mpc (musepack) audiofiles. (though it could inside Mageia2)

extract from :
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.0.3#Bug_fixes

"(Linux) Audacity does not currently compile against very recent FFmpeg
(0.10 or later are known to be affected) "

This bugfix release doesn't  resolve this .
We can't prevent this huge regression inside Mageia3 :-(

As soon as a real bugfix for this is provided, Audacity will have to be
updated again ... (adding BR ffmpeg, and the build option "--with
ffmpeg" that had to be removed from the spec file )
and provided in updates repo for Mageia3 !